It's easy to lose sight of what is truly important in life. It's easy to get caught up with what's wrong with our lives than what's right. It's easy to complain about what we don't have instead of cherishing what we do. I know, I am guilty of it, I believe most of us are. When we focus so much on the negative we get tunnel vision. And yet, being negative doesn't change anything or magically get us what we want. If anything it draws more negativity to our lives. I suppose to some it feels good (temporarily) to vent about how life's unfair. And no, life isn't fair all the time, but that saying, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side" is true-we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, or what tests others may be yet to face.
The other day, I was standing in line at Wal-Mart with my 2 year old daughter and the man in front of us turned around and she smiled at him with her adorable smile that could light up the night sky, he said "thank you, I needed that, you made my day." I politely thanked him. A few minutes later we were in the parking lot walking back to the car when the same man pulled up and said to me "Sometimes, all we have to do is look around to see God's blessings," to which I replied Amen. At that moment tears were welling up in my eyes. I am not particularly religious but felt almost like he was a messenger giving me a wake up call-a reminder if you will. I have so many blessings in my life (big and small), some of which other people would give anything for. I suspect you probably do too, all you got to do is look around!
No comments:
Post a Comment